- The judge shall occupy the judge's box for the duration of
each race of a meeting. Unless the stewards of a meeting decide
otherwise, the judge shall indicate to them the order of finish.
The distance, number and time of at least the winning greyhound as
well as the order of finish of the other competitors shall be
- The result of a race shall be the order in which the noses of
the competing greyhounds reach the winning line as decided by the
judge following any necessary consultation with the stewards of
- The winning greyhound shall be the greyhound whose nose in the
opinion of the judge first reached the winning line, provided that
such a greyhound duly completed the courses.
- Every greyhound which has been placed in the starting box
shall be deemed to have started provided such starting box has no
- A greyhound shall be deemed to come under starter's orders
when it has been placed in the starting box.
- If the judge calls for a photo-finish at for any reason a
photo-finish print cannot be obtained or is indecipherable, the
result of the race shall be decided by the judge and his decision
shall be final and the following announcement shall be made over
the loudspeakers: "For technical reasons, the result cannot be
ascertained by photo-finish print. The judge's decision is
- The judge's decision in relation to a race shall be final.
- The stewards may declare NO RACE only in the following
- where there is a mechanical or either defect of the hare
equipment or starting box or any outside interference with the
race (a greyhound turning back the track does not necessarily
- if any of the dogs fights, and as a consequence, all fail to
pursue the hare, or
- if for any other reason all dogs fail to pursue the hare.
- The racing manager shall have in his possession, for the
information of the stewards of the meeting a list of warned-off
persons and shall not allow any greyhound owned, trained or in
care of a such person to start for a race or a trial.
- The racing manager and the paddock steward shall ensure, that
all greyhounds are weighed in.
- The racing manager shall not permit any greyhound to compete
in a race, unless this a greyhound's racing book is handed over to
him, at least at time of weighed in.
- The racing manager shall ensure in the case of an unraced
greyhound, that such a greyhound cannot participate in an CGRC
competition without a registered trial or national race.
- It shall be the duty of the racing manager to ensure, that the
racing circuit is maintained in a proper an safety way.
Every greyhound that is entered for an international
CGRC competition shall be presented pre-race to the veterinary
surgeon. If in the opinion of the veterinary a greyhound shall, due
to medical reasons, not compete in the race, it is his duty to
refuse this greyhound. His decision is final and has to be accepted.
A check post race is recommanded but not compulsory.
The fee for the veterinary has to be paid by the
promoting track, but any treatment of a greyhound has to be charged
to the owner / trainer or the person that takes care of the