Purpose of these rules:
The purpose of these rules is the regulation of CGRC competitions within the member countries of the CGRC and it is agreed to create an international standard on the Continent. They are binding all members of the CGRC.
Age and qualifications of greyhounds for racing:
- The age of a greyhound shall be reckoned as beginning on the first day of the month in which it was whelped.
- A greyhound shall be considered a puppy for a period of 24 months from and including the month of whelping.
- A greyhound shall be considered a veteran between 5 and 7 years from and including the month of whelping.
- A greyhounds age cannot change during a competition that takes place over several days. Decisive is the age at the first racing day .
- it has been registered in a recognised Stud book of the World Greyhound Racing Federation, the Continental European Stud book, or in the Stud book of a European Kennel Club.
- its identity card / racing book has been completed and sealed by a racing manager or an official of the national organisation in the owners home country. (To participate in an CGRC competition outside of his country, it also needs a seal from CGRC).
- in any case in which it is by these rules or by conditions of a race or sweepstake declared disqualified. (If a disqualified greyhound will be entered or run in any race or sweepstake, the control steward shall report the person or persons responsible to the Control Committee).
- it has been vaccinated according to veterinary regulations of the country, where the competition takes place.